How our supporters have helped us protect more of Australia over the past year.
This 2014-2015 Annual Report includes the chief executive's report, a concise financial report, and stunning photos and stories of our conservation successes.
Some of our 2014-15 highlights:
- acquiring Monjebup Creek Reserve, 1042 ha of near‑pristine native vegetation in the Fitz–Stirling section of Gondwana Link, WA
- signing a Memorandum of Understanding with the Bunuba Dawangarri Aboriginal Corporation to develop a Healthy Country Plan for Bunuba Country in the central‑west Kimberley
- consolidating our partnership with Olkola Aboriginal Corporation, Cape York, to develop, implement, monitor and evaluate an Olkola Healthy Country Plan
- acquiring Hamelin Station, 202 000 ha abutting Shark Bay World Heritage Area, WA
- consolidating our partnership with the Martu people on the Birriliburu Indigenous Protected Area in the Central Desert, WA, to develop a program of two‑way science and support the ranger program
- building foundational knowledge through eight major ecological surveys on reserves and partnership properties
- completing two Ecological Outcomes Performance reports with scorecards for Yourka Reserve, Qld, and Kojonup Reserve, WA
- completing two major reserve restoration and rehabilitation projects at Monjebup Reserve, WA, and Scottsdale Reserve, NSW
- signing a Memorandum of Understanding with Arid Recovery to establish the South Australian Rangelands Alliance
- supporting 12 young scientists from universities across Australia in conducting ecological research projects on our reserves
- co‑hosting two major events, Blues for the Bush and Community Open Day at Charles Darwin Reserve, WA, and the Women in Conservation Breakfast in Melbourne
- being supported by 308 volunteers who contributed over 23 500 hours of work either on our reserves or in the Conservation Support Centre, Melbourne. Seventeen community groups contributed 3000 hours of work on our reserves.
For Annual, Conservation or Financial Reports from previous years, see our Reports archive.
Bush Heritage was recognised in the Pricewaterhouse Coopers 2013 Transparency Awards for the quality and transparency of our reporting.